Update: Hill End is now open with Covid-19 secure measures in place – please see the latest information here.
What can Hill End offer?
We can deliver an alternative and nurturing programme aimed at addressing the child’s needs through a balance of outdoor physical activities taking place in beautiful natural surroundings – allowing each child to succeed in exciting ways.
Our bespoke programme runs for one day per week up to 6 weeks – either full day (£367 per day) or half day sessions (£184 per half day). Two or four day options can also be developed by arrangement.
These sessions are designed for one child or for small groups if appropriate. Our tutors provide quality outdoor learning, and the child will also need to be supported during the sessions by a member of staff from the setting (or other appropriate adult) responsible for the particular needs of the child.
The six sessions will be based around the following opportunities, adapted according to the initial meeting and the needs of the child, developing:
• Self Esteem
• Communication skills
• Trust in others
• Confidence in new locations and with new people
• Physical skill sets
• Health and fitness
Activities may include – shelter building and bushcraft; map and exploration skills; campfires and outdoor cooking; nature activities, birds, mammals and minibeasts; walking and physical challenges; tools, crafts and creative work.
How do we book?
– Following your enquiry, we will arrange an initial assessment meeting for staff and/or the child at your setting or Hill End as appropriate.
– We will then send you more detailed information with a suggested programme and pricing.
– We will ask you to confirm all the details of the programme with a service level agreement between both parties.
– A paid trial day at Hill End will be arranged.
– Following the trial day, both parties will agree the programme length (up to 6 whole days) and final details, with option to review at the end.
Talk to us
We work with a huge variety of schools and organisations. Recent customers have included students from mainstream schools with individual needs, and specialist providers such as Iffley Academy, LVS Oxford, and Orion Academy
If you have any questions about what Hill End could provide, either 1:1 or for a specialist group of learners, please get in touch to discuss your needs.