We offer a wide range of courses at Hill End aimed at teachers, outdoor learning practitioners, parents and carers.
Our courses for autumn and winter 2019 include:
- Forest School Taster Day What is Forest School? How can you introduce it to your setting, and how does the training work? We will spend time in the woods using the natural environment and finding out the benefits of Forest School. Next date: 4 February 9.30am-2.30pm, £70
- Get the Most Out of Your Residential Planning a trip to Hill End? Don’t know where to start? Come along for an informal chat and pick up hints & tips to make the most of your stay. Next date: 13 February 4-6pm, free
- Sticks and Stories Developing language and literacy outdoors. Learn how to create opportunities for your children to experience a rich language environment, develop confidence and skills in expressing themselves and to speak and listen in a range of situations. Next date: Spring 2020
- Fantastic Fire Would you like to tell stories around a campfire? Toast marshmallows or make damper bread? Join us and learn how to use fire safely in your setting. Next date tbc
- Add-ventures and En-Counters Develop and enrich maths using your outdoor space. We will look at ways to provide opportunities for children to improve their maths skills in the outdoors. Next date: Spring 2020
- Forest School Refresher Aimed at Forest School Leaders who qualified some time ago or who just want a chance to practice their skills and feel inspired. We will be lighting fires and using a range of tools. Next date: 30 March 2020 9.30am-2.30pm, £70
- Let’s Introduce Orienteering Introduce simple map skills and then set up trails and competitions in your own setting. Next date tbc
- Introducing Outdoor Play for Parents & Carers Need some inspiration for outdoor play with younger children? This day is aimed at parents/carers and their children. Come along and build dens, go on sensory trails and rediscover nature in all seasons. Bring along a packed lunch and suitable outdoor clothing. Notes provided. Next date: Spring 2020. 10am-2pm £50 per adult plus up to 2 children.
Download the latest flyer here.
If you are interested in training not mentioned here, please contact us to discuss a bespoke session.