We offer a wide range of courses at Hill End aimed at teachers, outdoor learning practitioners, parents and carers.
Our CPD programme has been running in 2020 but is paused at the present time. The list below gives a flavour of the courses we offer, and we can also arranage bespoke training for your setting or group. Contact us for bookings or to register your interest for future training dates.
- Forest School Taster Day – What is Forest School? How can you introduce it to your setting, and how does the training work? We will spend time in the woods using the natural environment and finding out the benefits of Forest School 9.30am-2.30pm, £70. Next date: to be announced
- Forest School Twilight Taster – A shorter twilight version of our full Taster Day – come along to find out more and have your questions answered. What is Forest School? How can you introduce it to your setting, and how does the training work? 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Get the Most Out of Your Residential – Planning a trip to Hill End? Don’t know where to start? Come along for an informal chat and pick up hints & tips to make the most of your stay.4-6pm, free. Next date: to be announced
- Sticks and Stories – Developing language and literacy outdoors for KS1, KS2 and above. Learn how to create opportunities for your children to experience a rich language environment, develop confidence and skills in expressing themselves and to speak and listen in a range of situations 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Fantastic Fire – Would you like to tell stories around a campfire? Toast marshmallows or make damper bread? Join us and learn how to use fire safely in your setting. 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Add-ventures and En-Counters – Develop and enrich maths using your outdoor space for KS1 & KS2. We will look at ways to provide opportunities for children to improve their maths skills in the outdoors. 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Forest School Refresher – Aimed at Forest School Leaders who qualified some time ago or who just want a chance to practice their skills and feel inspired. We will be lighting fires and using a range of tools. 9.30am-2.30pm, £70. Next date: to be announced
- Let’s Introduce Orienteering – Introduce simple map skills and then set up trails and competitions in your own setting. 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Introducing Outdoor Play for Parents & Carers – Need some inspiration for outdoor play with younger children? This day is aimed at parents/carers and their children. Come along and build dens, go on sensory trails and rediscover nature in all seasons. Bring along a packed lunch and suitable outdoor clothing. Notes provided. Next date: to be announced
To book – simply email email@example.com to add your name to the list and receive payment and joining instructions.
Covid-19 Secure: Our CDP sessions take place outside wherever possible and we have new health and safety measures in place – see our FAQs for more.
If you are interested in training not mentioned here, please contact us to discuss a bespoke session.