We offer a wide range of courses at Hill End for adults – some aimed at specifically at teachers, outdoor learning practitioners, parents and carers.
Adult Training and Activities
Beginner Bushcraft for Adults
Learn practical bushcraft skills in the beautiful surroundings of Hill End!
Saturday mornings 9.30-12.30pm
6 weeks (Sat 9 October – Sat 13 Nov) £306 per person
These relaxed and fun bushcraft sessions will enable enthusiastic beginners to develop the skills and confidence to go out and enjoy themselves safely and responsibly in nature. Learn practical outdoor skills, how to use and make tools, fire-making, campfire cooking, foraging and much more! We aim to nurture a respect for the natural world, as well as an appreciation of the skills and knowledge of our forebears. These sessions are based outdoors – please wear clothes and shoes appropriate for the weather conditions. Tools and PPE will be provided. Parking is available on site. Booking is essential and group numbers will be small and strictly limited. For more details on the programme please see here.
Continuing Personal Development (CPD Courses)
Our CPD programme is paused at the present time. The list below gives a flavour of the courses we offer, and we can also arranage bespoke training for your setting or group. Contact us for bookings or to register your interest for future training dates.
- Forest School Taster Day – What is Forest School? How can you introduce it to your setting, and how does the training work? We will spend time in the woods using the natural environment and finding out the benefits of Forest School 9.30am-2.30pm, £70. Next date: to be announced
- Forest School Twilight Taster – A shorter twilight version of our full Taster Day – come along to find out more and have your questions answered. What is Forest School? How can you introduce it to your setting, and how does the training work? 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Get the Most Out of Your Residential – Planning a trip to Hill End? Don’t know where to start? Come along for an informal chat and pick up hints & tips to make the most of your stay.4-6pm, free. Next date: to be announced
- Sticks and Stories – Developing language and literacy outdoors for KS1, KS2 and above. Learn how to create opportunities for your children to experience a rich language environment, develop confidence and skills in expressing themselves and to speak and listen in a range of situations 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Fantastic Fire – Would you like to tell stories around a campfire? Toast marshmallows or make damper bread? Join us and learn how to use fire safely in your setting. 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Add-ventures and En-Counters – Develop and enrich maths using your outdoor space for KS1 & KS2. We will look at ways to provide opportunities for children to improve their maths skills in the outdoors. 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Forest School Refresher – Aimed at Forest School Leaders who qualified some time ago or who just want a chance to practice their skills and feel inspired. We will be lighting fires and using a range of tools. 9.30am-2.30pm, £70. Next date: to be announced
- Let’s Introduce Orienteering – Introduce simple map skills and then set up trails and competitions in your own setting. 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Introducing Outdoor Play for Parents & Carers – Need some inspiration for outdoor play with younger children? This day is aimed at parents/carers and their children. Come along and build dens, go on sensory trails and rediscover nature in all seasons. Bring along a packed lunch and suitable outdoor clothing. Notes provided. Next date: to be announced
To book – simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to the list and receive payment and joining instructions.
Covid-19 Secure: Our CDP sessions take place outside wherever possible and we have new health and safety measures in place – see our FAQs for more.
If you are interested in training not mentioned here, please contact us to discuss a bespoke session.