We offer a wide range of courses at Hill End for adults – some aimed at specifically at teachers, outdoor learning practitioners, parents and carers.
Adult Training and Activities
Beginner Bushcraft for Adults
Learn practical bushcraft skills in the beautiful surroundings of Hill End!
NEXT COURSE DATES: 4 weeks, £198 per person
- Sat 5- Sat 26 March 2022 – Saturday mornings 9.30-12.30pm
- Sat 30 April – Sat 21 May 2022 – Saturday mornings 9.30-12.30pm
- Fri 10 June – Fri 1 July 2022 – Friday evenings 6-9pm
These relaxed and fun bushcraft sessions will enable enthusiastic beginners to develop the skills and confidence to go out and enjoy themselves safely and responsibly in nature. Learn practical outdoor skills, how to use and make tools, fire-making, campfire cooking, foraging and much more! We aim to nurture a respect for the natural world, as well as an appreciation of the skills and knowledge of our forebears. These sessions are based outdoors – please wear clothes and shoes appropriate for the weather conditions. Tools and PPE will be provided. Parking is available on site. Booking is essential and group numbers will be small and strictly limited. For more details on the programme please see here.
“Four weeks learning about the environment, how to light fires, build shelters and enjoy the great outdoors-strongly recommended!” course learner, Autumn 2021
To book your place please just contact us
Continuing Personal Development (CPD Courses)
Our CPD programme is returning for 2022! Dates will appear below as they are scheduled. Contact us to book on a course or to register your interest for future sessions.
- Forest School Taster Day – What is Forest School? How can you introduce it to your setting, and how does the training work? We will spend time in the woods using the natural environment and finding out the benefits of Forest School 9.30am-2.30pm, £70. Next date: Tuesday 5 April 2022
- Forest School Twilight Taster – A shorter twilight version of our full Taster Day – come along to find out more and have your questions answered. What is Forest School? How can you introduce it to your setting, and how does the training work? 4-6pm, £30. Next date: Monday 9 May 2022
- Get the Most Out of Your Residential – Planning a trip to Hill End? Don’t know where to start? Come along for an informal chat and pick up hints & tips to make the most of your stay.4-6pm, free. Next date: to be announced
- Sticks and Stories – Developing language and literacy outdoors for KS1, KS2 and above. Learn how to create opportunities for your children to experience a rich language environment, develop confidence and skills in expressing themselves and to speak and listen in a range of situations 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Fantastic Fire – Would you like to tell stories around a campfire? Toast marshmallows or make damper bread? Join us and learn how to use fire safely in your setting. 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Add-ventures and En-Counters – Develop and enrich maths using your outdoor space for KS1 & KS2. We will look at ways to provide opportunities for children to improve their maths skills in the outdoors. 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Forest School Refresher – Aimed at Forest School Leaders who qualified some time ago or who just want a chance to practice their skills and feel inspired. We will be lighting fires and using a range of tools. 9.30am-2.30pm, £70. Next date: to be announced
- Let’s Introduce Orienteering – Introduce simple map skills and then set up trails and competitions in your own setting. 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Introducing Outdoor Play for Parents & Carers – Need some inspiration for outdoor play with younger children? This day is aimed at parents/carers and their children. Come along and build dens, go on sensory trails and rediscover nature in all seasons. Bring along a packed lunch and suitable outdoor clothing. Notes provided. Next date: to be announced
To book – simply email email@example.com to add your name to the list and receive payment and joining instructions.
Covid-19 Secure: Our CDP sessions take place outside wherever possible and we have new health and safety measures in place – see our FAQs for more.
If you are interested in training not mentioned here, please contact us to discuss a bespoke session.