We offer a wide range of courses at Hill End aimed at teachers, outdoor learning practitioners, parents and carers.
We are delighted to be able to restart our CPD programme in autumn 2020! See below for dates and details:
- Forest School Taster Day – What is Forest School? How can you introduce it to your setting, and how does the training work? We will spend time in the woods using the natural environment and finding out the benefits of Forest School 9.30am-2.30pm, £70. Next date: to be announced
- Forest School Twilight Taster – A shorter twilight version of our full Taster Day – come along to find out more and have your questions answered. What is Forest School? How can you introduce it to your setting, and how does the training work? Tuesday 20 October 4-6pm, £30
- Get the Most Out of Your Residential Planning a trip to Hill End? Don’t know where to start? Come along for an informal chat and pick up hints & tips to make the most of your stay.4-6pm, free. Next date: to be announced
- Sticks and Stories Developing language and literacy outdoors for KS1, KS2 and above. Learn how to create opportunities for your children to experience a rich language environment, develop confidence and skills in expressing themselves and to speak and listen in a range of situations Thursday 22 October 4-6pm, £30
- Fantastic Fire Would you like to tell stories around a campfire? Toast marshmallows or make damper bread? Join us and learn how to use fire safely in your setting. 4-6pm, £30. Next date: to be announced
- Add-ventures and En-Counters Develop and enrich maths using your outdoor space for KS1 & KS2. We will look at ways to provide opportunities for children to improve their maths skills in the outdoors. Thursday 5 November 4-6pm, £30
- Forest School Refresher Aimed at Forest School Leaders who qualified some time ago or who just want a chance to practice their skills and feel inspired. We will be lighting fires and using a range of tools. 9.30am-2.30pm, £70. Next date: to be announced
- Let’s Introduce Orienteering Introduce simple map skills and then set up trails and competitions in your own setting. Monday 2 November 4-6pm, £30.
- Introducing Outdoor Play for Parents & Carers Need some inspiration for outdoor play with younger children? This day is aimed at parents/carers and their children. Come along and build dens, go on sensory trails and rediscover nature in all seasons. Bring along a packed lunch and suitable outdoor clothing. Notes provided. Next date: to be announced
To book – simply email email@example.com to add your name to the list and receive payment and joining instructions.
Covid-19 Secure: Our CDP sessions take place outside wherever possible and we have new health and safety measures in place – see our FAQs for more.
If you are interested in training not mentioned here, please contact us to discuss a bespoke session.