Well done for finding no.2 on the Hill End habitats trail!
The woodland on the site is mainly new plantation which is managed for future timber production whilst acting as shade and shelter for groups and wildlife using the grounds.
See how the trees have been pruned and thinned.
You now know more about how we manage woodland on our site. If you want to find out even more, try these websites and links:
- Managing woodlands for wildlife: https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/wildlife-advice/how-manage-woodland-wildlife
- What is woodland management? https://smallwoods.org.uk/information/managing-woodland/
- Woodland management in North Yorkshire – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2K2dk1eGQc
- British woodlands information: http://www.countrysideinfo.co.uk/woodland_manage/intro.htm
- Managing woodlands for biodiversity: http://www.countrysideinfo.co.uk/woodland_manage/conserva_manage.htm
- Woodland structure: http://www.countrysideinfo.co.uk/woodland_manage/struct.htm